SunPoint will acquire non-core or legacy liabilities via a Legal Entity Acquisition or a Loss Portfolio Transfer (LPT).
- Worldwide presence looking to acquire companies or portfolios in North America, Europe, and the Far East
- Targeting companies or portfolios with $50M to $1B in reserves
- Acquire long-tail liabilities, including Asbestos and Environmental, Worker's Compensation, Construction Defect and Professional Liability
- Loss Portfolio Transfer: Assume liabilities under a secured reinsurance transaction with SunPoint Reinsurance Company Bermuda (SunPoint Reinsurance Limited)
- Entity and Captive Acquisition: Acquire Entity or Captive in their entirety or assume liabilities under a LPT structure
- Provide collateral to the cedent, so it can take credit for the reinsurance protection